 Off-Topic / Fun / 9342
Re: What do you listen too while building?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 11:33:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, James Stacey writes:
Disney have Laputa rights for DVD in the US along with lots of other Miazaki
films.  I think they will be redubbing it using more famous stars.

As far as I know, Disney has Region 1 distrobution rights to all of Studio
Ghibli's productions except Grave of the Fireflies and the "On Your Mark" music
video.  Miyazaki worked on some non-Ghibli productions, too, which Disney does
not have, such as Future Boy Conan (TV series), the previously mention Sherlock
Hound, the Lupin III TV series, and the Lupin III movie Castle of Cagliostro
(released here by Manga Entertainment).

As to english dubs, Laputa does currently have one, but Disney is frightened of
doing more since Mononoke didn't even make back its dubbing costs on the
theatrical run.  Just goes to show that they don't know how the anime industry
works...

They have already renamed it Castle In The Sky as I believe Laputa translates
to prostitute in some languages.

Correct, Laputa means prostitute, or something similar, in Spanish.  Castle in
the Sky was always part of the title, though.  They just dropped the
questionable part.  ;)

Jeff