 Off-Topic / Fun / 9283
Re: Another one for Maggie (and or Dave!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:49:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Tobbe Arnesson writes:

On another, similar, note I can tell all that tuna in Swedish is
"tonfisk" which translates into tuna (ton) fish (fisk). So I guess
other lingos too has the fish in there.

Apologies in advance to any Finns for the mangling I am about to commit but...

da Tech (1) , where I went to school, is in a heavily Finnish part of the UP
(2)... one of our favorite stores in Houghton is "Kukkokaupa Flower Shop"
which Finns tell me means "flower shop flower shop" (3)

Oh, and the list of people who are ALREADY crazy includes Dave! (4)

1 - properly: Michigan Technological University. Go Huskies!
2 - properly: the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Where yoopers live.
3 - if you're a Finn and you don't agree, it's because I spelled it wrong.
4 - bang at the end, as is proper.

++Lar