 Off-Topic / Fun / 8744
Re: Mountain bike advice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 00:56:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Bram Lambrecht writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Allan Bedford writes:
All the best!  Let us know what you eventually decide on.

Well, I don't want to spend a ton of money, and it's mostly for transportation
with trails on the side, so I think I'm gonna buy a 2001 Schwinn Mesa marked
down to $279.  Warn me ASAP if I'm making a bad decision :)
--Bram

Well, it seems to get fairly good reviews (at least this page on the 2000
model seems to indicate this):

http://www.epinions.com/bike-Bicycles-All-46228-Schwinn_Mesa__2000

I guess it comes down to:

1)  Have you ridden it?  Do you like it?

2)  Do you feel like you're getting good value for your money?

Certainly seems like a good price.

All the best,
Allan B.