 Off-Topic / Fun / 8740
Re: Mountain bike advice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:15:47 GMT

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 01:12:32 GMT, "Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu>
wrote:

Hey all,
I'm looking for a new bike cause my current one is falling apart.  Does anyone
here have advice on the best mountain bike I can get for $200-$400, or any
other advice pertaining to purchasing a bike?  I would like at least front
suspension, but I'm also looking at dual.  I've never ridden a dual suspension
bike though, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Hi there!

As already mentioned, that kind of money ain't getting you anywhere
fun. Perhaps in the non suspension or second hand market.

Suspension choice is mostly based on your type of riding. If you ride
mostly cross country a front suspension only is the most common,
although my next bike will probably be a Gary Fischer with full
suspension.

Go to a dealer and try some models out and check what other people
thought at this site: http://www.mtbr.com

Remember that they'r not as firendly as AFOL's and sometimes they are
right off stupid.

Glad to see more ppl. share my two hobbies; Mountainbiking and LEGOing
:)

Ride hard, play well!

/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/