 Off-Topic / Fun / 8727
Re: LoTR # 1 on IMDB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:55:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Richard Marchetti writes:
But compare LOTR to Excalibur for a moment.  Few things are as grand in
scale as the Arthurian romances, and yet Boorman managed to tell the
essential myth in under 3 hours, and the plot even includes the quest for
the grail!  Despite some minor 70s damage, that film is pretty amazing.

Excalibur… HA!
They wore their -shiny silver armor- EVERYWHERE, to dinned…to bed…on short
walks to the river…to the bathroom…            ;)
They never changed their armor, *they lived in it!!!*
Sure, it looked all shimmerin’ and fanciful, but COME 0N…not everywhere?
Apart from that and the stellar LACK of acting ability (Jean-Luce-Picard
should ‘ave carried the film… but alas no…) the film was loyal to the series
of events and the score was nice.   But over-all, a poor choice.
[I poop-on your opinion -Conan O’Brian]         ;)

          Sincerely,

                               --==RiçhärÐ==--

P.S. thank you so very much for that link to:
http://www.unet.brandeis.edu/~ariiah/freud/mission.htm
A really great site overall and a nice commentary to the pop-culture hit
Fight Club