 Off-Topic / Fun / 8691
Re: LoTR # 1 on IMDB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:02:04 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Well - it was going to happen sooner or later due to the incredible reviews it
got early:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0120737

Do you think it's justified?  I think it's good, but is it really the # 1 movie
of ALL time?

Shawshank Redemption and other movies come to mind ...

-- Pawel

It was a good movie.  A solid, though flawed, interpretation of a book that is
among the greatest masterpieces of literature ever produced.  As a movie, the
Fellowship of the Ring lacked the subtleties of emotion and sensitivity that
sets a great movie apart -- such as Shawshank -- from the merely good ones.  All
MHO, of course.

james