 Off-Topic / Fun / 7997 (-20)
  Re: My own Hoverbike Ferrari x3-TurboFan

(...) Heh heh! Well, as a quarter century Bronco fan, I love to see the Raiders get trounced by just about anyone. Division rival trouncings are my favorite for obvious reasons. I'm still hoping for San Diego to show some life and pound Oakland, but (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: My own Hoverbike Ferrari x3-TurboFan

(...) BRONCOS? Oh man... that rivalry was more exciting than the Seattle/Oakland one to me anyday.. I still have the 'Hawks/Bronco's game with "The Hit" on tape somewhere.. Steve Largent will always be one of my heroes. Any receiver that throw down (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: My own Hoverbike Ferrari x3-TurboFan

(...) Pshaw, y'all have nothing to complain about. I'm a Cleveland Browns fan, after all. If they win 4 games this year, I'll be happy :) Adrian (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: My own Hoverbike Ferrari x3-TurboFan

(...) *sigh* That's Seattle for ya, pick a sport..any (...) Fair enough. Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting the football season where I'm expecting the Seahawks to choke constantly axcept for when it counts- Vs. Oakland. Anytime I can watch the Faders (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: There goes the neighborhood b/w Look who's coming to dinner.

What kind of set does the ewoks come in? EWOKS rock! (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Proper usage of "LEGO"

(...) There is some media precedent, right or wrong, for using "LEGO" to refer to the system of interlocking plastic bricks; in The Simpsons episode in which they went to the Ikea-ish store, Marge referred to certain utensils as being made of (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Newsflash: Micro Fire Department needs help with small fire!

Well, that isn't the real headline of the story, but I saw a story in yesterday's paper which was amusing. The actual headline was "School will begin despite small fire." The 2nd paragraph is what inspired the headline above: "About 8:30 a.m., a (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Proper usage of "LEGO"

I wish I could explain it into words that make sense about the LEGO® Company of the proper usage of LEGO. What I mean is over the years many years with the change of trademarks, copyrights, statemarks, slogans, theme logo designs and company logos. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Proper usage of "LEGO"

(...) Actually you not only corrected their misteak, you did it "At The Same Time", an extreme rarity AND you had proof to back you up. Well done! gd&r Thanx, Mark Millere LUGnet # 525 Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millere's Spares (URL) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general)

  Re: Proper usage of "LEGO"

(...) Well, sadly, I am pretty anal, but I think Dan was right... I think The Lego Company has asked (back when it was The Lego Group) that their building brick product be referred to as "Lego bricks" or "Lego toys". IANALR (not a Lego Rep) DaveE (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Proper usage of "LEGO"

Actually, it's "LEGO Bricks or Toys" as seen here on the back of a 1981 catalog: (URL) often do i get to correct both my husband *and* larry p?) (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general)

  Re: Proper usage of "LEGO"

(...) IANAE(1) but I think it's actually "LEGO brand building bricks" :-) 1 - I am not anal either tongue set firmly in cheek. FUT set firmly to ot.f. ++Lar (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Episode II named

(...) Wow. There is someone else in the LEGOverse that knows who Steve Taylor is? Woo hoo. Now, if he would only put out a new album sometime soon. Scott "Admiral Scooter" DeWolf (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New stuff on LEGO.com: Mindstorms redesign, Build updates

"Tomas Clark" <tomas.clark@america.lego.com> wrote in message (...) Hey...quick question. Are Redini and the Great Beyondo ever going to get together for a 'head-to-head?' ;-) -Tim (23 years ago, 11-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Enterprise media

Some Enterprise crew photos and all four trailers here, in high-quality Quicktime MOV files. (URL) Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: I thought you preferred Linux? (was: Anyone got windows?)

(...) Cool! I don't think I ever saw that one! But I often though it woulda been really cool to build a washing machine in one of those RK06 disk drive modules! ROSCO (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Guinness is good for you

(...) Lol. I guess if these were minifig scale then they would be around what, 3 feet tall in real life? Now thats a big pint glass. Oh well we can dream. :-) -Jon (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Guinness is good for you

(...) I don't know--they look minifig-scale to me... Dave! (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: I thought you preferred Linux? (was: Anyone got windows?)

(...) Now that shows your age! I remember it only too well myself. We also used to have this game that you played using the front panel switches on the PDP11. All I can remember though (another sign of advanced age) is it involved flying in space (...) (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Guinness is good for you

When "hobbies" collide. ;-) (URL) love to make some minifig scale pints but I don't have any 1x1 beige round plates. I'm not sure if the piece exists, actually. -Jon (23 years ago, 9-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact