 Off-Topic / Fun / 7992
Re: Proper usage of "LEGO"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 13:44:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Dan Boger writes:
heh, I'm not anal about it, but isn't the proper use "LEGO Bricks"?

IANAE(1) but I think it's actually "LEGO brand building bricks" :-)

Well, sadly, I am pretty anal, but I think Dan was right... I think The Lego
Company has asked (back when it was The Lego Group) that their building
brick product be referred to as "Lego bricks" or "Lego toys". IANALR (not a
Lego Rep)

   There is some media precedent, right or wrong, for using "LEGO" to refer
to the system of interlocking plastic bricks; in The Simpsons episode in
which they went to the Ikea-ish store, Marge referred to certain utensils as
being made of "LEGO."
   Of course, The Simpsons aren't really authorized spokespersons of The
Lego Group, either...

     Dave!