 General / 32464
Re: Proper usage of "LEGO"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 00:18:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dan Boger writes:
Dave Schuler wrote:
One of my coworkers (who doesn't know of my little ABS addiction) mentioned
off-handedly that his brother, while in college for architecture, used to
build "really complex bridges and things out of LEGO."  I'm not anal about
"LEGO" versus "LEGOs," but this marks the absolute first time I've ever
heard any non-AFOL refer to LEGO correctly.  Wacky.

heh, I'm not anal about it, but isn't the proper use "LEGO Bricks"?

:)

Dan

I wish I could explain it into words that make sense about the LEGO® Company
of the proper usage of LEGO.  What I mean is over the years many years with
the change of trademarks, copyrights, statemarks, slogans, theme logo
designs and company logos.

The LEGO company is a big company....so many departments, so many managers,
so many ideas and so many different customers asking the LEGO company to do
this, do that. Sorry for rambling... my mind is fried of LEGO knowledge and
information. The LEGO company cannot please everybody in the world.

(somebody get me a cold drink please...my brain is heating up with LEGO
information)

LEGO, LEGO Company, LEGO Systems, Inc., LEGO Group, LEGO A/G, LEGO Media,
LEGO Direct, LEGO Shop at Home, LEGO wear, LEGOLAND Parks, LEGO Brand
Retail, and LEGO Dacta.  And not to forget all the LEGO names attach to
.com, .org, .net. There is so much more I could add and not even the public
might not know about.

LEGO is more than just a toy company now.  In other words...saying LEGO
bricks  or LEGO brand building bricks might not be important anymore.  Only
saying might be "Just image what you can do with LEGO products"

-Abner