 General / 32465
Re: Lego World Expo Brochure Scans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 06:25:51 GMT

Cool, I only wish I had seen the Egyptian exhibition as it seems like one of
the best ones. The good thing about the Egyptian sculptures is that they are
a bit easier to replicate as the parts used are easier to obtain. We have
very occassional exhibits here, but not the World Expos anymore :(

Regards,
Michael Golaszewski...who now wants to visit St. Jacob's, unfortunately I
sold my Lego Airport.... there goes the transport

You may find it interesting to know that I have seen some of
these Egyptian sculptures in person.  Last I saw they were
at the St. Jacob's LEGO Outlet store in Ontaio, Canada.  I
don't believe they had the entire exhibit in that store,
but many of the sculptures pictured in your catalogue were there.
My understanding is that LEGO moves their sculptures around a
fair bit, so these are possibly the very same models.

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada