 Off-Topic / Fun / 7737 (-20)
  Re: Hip Deep in Evil

Mark & All, (...) They are attempting to make the tick into a real person show? Ugh, the guy doesn't even remotely look like the Tick. Scott "Was watching the Real Tick yesterday" S. -- (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Height of Mootness

(...) Any particular small cow, or are you not picky about which one you incite? <GD&R> James (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Height of Mootness

(...) I was trying to incite a mootiny. Dave! (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Galaxy Enforcer" name retracted

***** ATTENTION LUGNET SPACE COMMUNITY ***** At this time (7:30PM, Pacific Daylight Time, July 10, 2001) I am officially announcing that I, Matthew Gerber, will/may, at some unforseen time in the future, be calling some possible MOCs by the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Hip Deep in Evil

(...) <rant> Oh, I'm sure it is...I would REALLY like to...but for some reason, even with the newest RealPlayer freshly installed on the system, no go. Of course, I've NEVER, not even ONCE, EVER gotten Real media to work on any computer system. I (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Hip Deep in Evil

(...) Well, yeah, the RealPlayer stuff sucks, but the video is worth watching. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The Height of Mootness

(...) (0) (...) Correcting their error would, I suspect, be moot. Or at least futile. (1) In this case, though, the only reason I can think that this particular point would be moot is that Scott wanted to be mute about his not having any other (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Hip Deep in Evil

(...) So, I yelled "SPOON!" and clicked the link...unfortunate choice of Real for the video...guess I'll just wait 'til November...When, oh when, will people learn... Matt (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Hello?

(...) Ugh! Ptui! Yuck! Ewww blah! Give me the crab juice! ;-) Dr. Pepper, now there's a decent beverage. That, and Yoda Cola (name that reference) Cheers, - jsproat (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true. (was Re: Hello?)

(...) <sigh> I'd drink way more Dew if it was caffeinated in Canada. Stupid, pointless cola-company-protecting laws. :( James (Who doesn't mind the occaisional Guiness, but usually prefers something lighter) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Hip Deep in Evil

Hi Everyone, The Tick TV website has updated, with video! (URL) the series premiere isn't until November, but I have seen a bootleg copy of the pilot, and it's darn funny. Enjoy. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Hello?

(...) SO true Jeff! I Thought about posting a message stating just that. I THOUGHT Mountain Dew was the OFFICIAL drink of Lugnet. Though we all feel carbonated deer urine goes hand in hand with ABS is BEYOND me!!!!! (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Hello?

(...) Guess I'm not official, then. :( I actually only know one person who has told me they drink Guinness, out of a fairly small number of people I know who actually like beer. In fact, I know far more Lego fans who like Mountain Dew. ;) Jeff (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: a semi-serious question

(...) Snatching Duplo pieces directly from the clutches of little children is a poor idea because it gives them the idea that it is okay to grab pieces they need from the creations of others whenever they want (believe me, you'll be sorry later on (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Why the high proce in UK?

(...) Dear Todd, In the interests of compartmentalised dorkitude, could you please establish lugnet.loc.au.whinge? We'd rather bemoan our pitiful condition without disturbing the neighbours. many thanks, Dave Low (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Couldn't resist

(...) Not to push the point, I'd say there _is_ a gradient between "female" and "male". As always, the exceptional cases demonstrate the fluid boundaries of the majority. Take homosexuals, transexuals and hermaphrodites. Or heterosexual nancy-boys (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Couldn't resist

(...) An interesting suggestion, but not entirely accurate. The etymology of "woman" comes down to us through Old English, where the term "wif man" meant, basically "female person." The occasionally funny Bill Cosby once suggested that "woman" is so (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Hello?

(...) Heh, yes. I can *assure* you. Nothing done was irreversable. :-] It being Oct 31st helped in the fun. My uh, "bride" won the 'best costume' award at the party. In fact the prize was a Lunar Rover LEGO set! (I had forgotten that.) Her being 6'4 (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Couldn't resist

(...) You'll notice that this is off-topic.fun instead of off-topic.debate :) I was just playing off of Dave! who had been discussing with me whether or not distinct "lines" can be drawn in "grey" areas. We were being silly and suggesting that the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Couldn't resist

(...) The answer for our determination in gender is that there is a complicated plan for all of the people that have ever existed in life to become either male or female in their gender and I do not know what you mean by a rating as I have never (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact