 Off-Topic / Fun / 7731
Re: The Height of Mootness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:59:39 GMT

Why is it a moot point?

Something in the water where I work makes about 9 out of 10 • (0)
people refer
to something that is no longer relevant as a "mute point," but I'm usually
silent on such matters.

Correcting their error would, I suspect, be moot. Or at least futile. (1)

In this case, though, the only reason I can think that this particular point
would be moot is that Scott wanted to be mute about his not having any other
attack against the survey available now that this one's been refuted (2).

0 - What is the basis for this "9 of 10" assertion? Was this a telephone
survey or an in person poll? How many of your co workers did you survey? Did
you examine pictures taken at previous meetings to see if some of them had
moots(4) on their heads? And why would you do that, anyway? Isn't there
something just the least bit suspicious about your motives in doing so?

And how do you know that the people you see at work are actually people? Did
you take genetic samples to prove it?  Have you ever been to the University
of Connecticut? Who did you see there? Oh, and why is the sky blue, while
you're at it...

1 - not to be confused with footile (3)
2 - not to be confused with refooted
3 - not to be confused with an actual word, I just made it up for fun.
4 - not to be confused with tooks, unless you're Canadian, in which case, go
ahead and be confused...

++Lar