 Off-Topic / Fun / 7047
Re: Xenogears Sequel? Nope, Prequel!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 21:01:21 GMT

Well, some more information has surfaced, revealing that Xenosaga is not a
sequel, but a *prequel*.  Specifically, it will be episode 1 of the six part
Xeongears storyline (Xenogears itself was episode V).  There is evidence that
the game will span 7000 years, and will cover the creation of Zohar and Deus,
and probably end with the launch of the Eldridge.

As I said, this is going to top my list of "Must Buy" games, and the
soundtracks will probably top my "Must Buy" CD lists, as well.  :D

Check out the article by the Gaming Intelligence Agency here:
http://www.thegia.com/news/0104/n01a.html

Jeff

P.S.  I got the massive (300 pages, ~3.5lbs.) Xenogears Perfect Works artbook
yesterday...  Anyone wanna translate it for me?  ;D

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Stembel writes:
Well, there have been rumors since many of the people who originally worked on
Xenogears joined a Namco subsidiary (Monolith Soft), and now it looks like
those rumors may very well be true:
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2001/032901a.html

Let me tell you, I am *so* looking forward to it!  :)  Especially with
Yasunori Mitsuda on board for the music.  :)

Jeff
-Eagerly anticipating a sequel to Xenogears