 Off-Topic / Fun / 6768
Re: subway info?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 20:46:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Frank Filz writes:

Another time I got a bit of a hint of how different driving is in Boston
and other places was when I was driving a friend from Bolton into
Boston. We were going in on Route 2, which used to end in a rotary. He
commented that he wouldn't have had the guts to sail through that rotary
as part of two lanes of traffic at 45mph. There isn't a rotary there
anymore, when they put in the Alewife station at the end of the Red
Line, they turned it into a 3-way intersection with lights, though when
the Route 2 traffic has the green, I think it still can sail through at
45mph.

There's still a rotary near there, it's over the bridge and past the Fresh
Pond stuff.  Route 2 doesn't end there, though, it goes all the way in to
Cambridge.  Always has, as far as I know.  It just ceases to be a highway-type
thing there, and becomes a street with lights and intersections (and
rotaries).

eric