 Off-Topic / Fun / 6689
Re: DVD madness?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:33:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, David Goeb writes:

So you would see it go Ick and have zero resistance to buying something
else. Marketing 101. If sucker sees a "bad" deal next to a good deal the
sucker will buy the "good" deal and think they have pulled a fast one on
the company. This works even when the sucker was not going to buy at all.
So smart marketing is to have overpriced crud next to underpriced(haha)
normal stuff(of which you actually make more of).

Yikes!  That's an interesting suggestion, but I wonder about its real-world
effectiveness, since it's along the lines of "I like you because you're
punching me in the stomach as opposed to this other guy who's punching me in
the nose."

   Dave!

It is also dependent on the "good" deal being the same company's product and
chosen over some other company's "good" deal, so it isn't a realistic
marketing ploy (but one marketing people most likely have considered).  ;-)

Augh, my local DVD store is going from 30% off to a mere 25%.  Booo.

  That's still a good deal--you'll be able to get Teen Wolf 2 for $18.75.

     Dave!