 Off-Topic / Fun / 6681
  Re: DVD madness?

(...) That exorbitant price is a symptom of this extravagant Pittsburgh lifestyle in which I find myself--at Penn State there was a store in which nearly all CD's, even brand new, were $11.98. (...) A very sensible explanation. My only remaining (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: DVD madness?

(...) So you would see it go Ick and have zero resistance to buying something else. Marketing 101. If sucker sees a "bad" deal next to a good deal the sucker will buy the "good" deal and think they have pulled a fast one on the company. This works (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: DVD madness?

(...) Yikes! That's an interesting suggestion, but I wonder about its real-world effectiveness, since it's along the lines of "I like you because you're punching me in the stomach as opposed to this other guy who's punching me in the nose." Dave! (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: DVD madness?

(...) It is also dependent on the "good" deal being the same company's product and chosen over some other company's "good" deal, so it isn't a realistic marketing ploy (but one marketing people most likely have considered). ;-) Augh, my local DVD (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: DVD madness?

(...) That's still a good deal--you'll be able to get Teen Wolf 2 for $18.75. Dave! (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: DVD madness?

(...) The marketing ploy worked - I went for Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves for $10.50. Why I don't know - if you ain't man enough to wear tights, you shouldn't be in a Robin Hood movie. :-) Bruce (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: DVD madness?

(...) Just ask Erroll Flynn! Now THERE'S a fine RH movie, one I'd consider getting on DVD (if I had a DVD player). Of the Batemans, I much prefer the sister, brattyness and that "pouty look" wears marginally better on girls. ++Lar (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)