 Off-Topic / Fun / 6184
Re: What is the sound of one brick dropping?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 16:17:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jude Beaudin writes:
Where does it say I have to keep a straight face? If you cannot enjoy
yourself at church what is the point in going? Not to say that it should be
Evening at the Improv or anything irreverent. But why go if the only thing
you can think of while there is what you will do when you leave? After all
if that is what you are doing you really are not there. :-)

Oh, totally true. I couldn't agree more. I'm a firm disbeliever in God's
residence in certain buildings; God is everywhere. Going to
chruch/synagoge/mosque/wherever-you-are, just to feel committed to the
religion, but without the spiritual connection, is IMHO not doing anything
at all.

And anyway, I *knew* you wouldn't be able to keep a straight face. <grin>

-Shiri