 Off-Topic / Fun / 5777
  Re: New VLC Logo Idea -- TLC's reply

Anyone hear a godlike echo here? :-) Frank (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New VLC Logo Idea -- TLC's reply

(...) Weird. My PC was acting like i hadn't hit the post button so I hit it again. Sorry about that. (note that it wasn't a misteak, it was a hardware problem :- ) ) Todd cancelled the first one (which has more in it's tree) rather than the second, (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New VLC Logo Idea -- TLC's reply

(...) That's one thing I REALLY don't like about the way a lot of web stuff seems to work (actually lots of software). No IMMEDIATE visual confirmation that the action has been started. This should be given ANY time an action is initiated which (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New VLC Logo Idea -- TLC's reply

(...) Actually, it was the second one (the duplicate of the first) that got cancelled: (URL) (gone) (URL) (not gone) If you'd like, I can manually reinstate 209 and cancel 208 instead. JLMK... --Todd (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  visual confirmation

(...) Hmm...doesn't your browser give you an hourglass or wristwatch cursor right away and update its status area at the bottom with a message saying that it's contacting the server? --Todd (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: visual confirmation

(...) Looks like MSIE at home does. I'm not so sure at work. One problem is that sometimes the system can be sufficiently loaded down that the GUI doesn't respond (this is really bad with the Windows Terminal Server which I use to get access to (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: New VLC Logo Idea -- TLC's reply

(...) Ya, do that.... it is the one with all the tree on it, the other one has none. I see that you just must have added a new gadget to the posting page which displays a red box showing that you have a post in progress. It *is* true that you do get (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)