 Off-Topic / Geek / 1972
1971  |  1973
Subject:
visual confirmation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 01:14:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Frank Filz writes:
That's one thing I REALLY don't like about the way a lot of web stuff
seems to work (actually lots of software). No IMMEDIATE visual confirmation
that the action has been started. This should be given ANY time an action
is initiated which could take some time (and any action which will cross a
network should be assumed to take some time to complete).

Hmm...doesn't your browser give you an hourglass or wristwatch cursor right
away and update its status area at the bottom with a message saying that it's
contacting the server?

--Todd