 Off-Topic / Fun / 5084
Re: Pretzels (was Re: Floppies are cool! (was: Re: Finding a useful digital camera))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:44:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Eric Joslin writes:
Cheese is good.
Cheese can be pretty salty.  :)  Not as salty as fruit juice, but pretty
salty.  ;-)

Fruit Juice?  Salty?  I think I'm missing something here.

(The second smiley was a winkie one.)

Ever tried 'em in the toaster?  Cook 'em 1 minute in the nuke, then plop
them in the toaster or toaster oven for another minute or so.  Makes 'em
chewy on the inside, crunchy on the outside, and even browns the outside
a bit more for the traditional bitter flavor.  Ooh.

No...  which kind do you do that with?  Where do you get them?  I must
admit, I don't have the resolve to buy a pretzel and wait till I get home
to nuke/toast it.  There are these things called "SuperPretzels" I se in
freezer sections of Supermarkets sometimes, but I haven't been brave enough
to try them.  Maybe this process will eliminate the inherent limitations of
heating bread up only in the microwave, though...

I really can't tell the difference between the "SuperPretzels" in the frozen
section of the supermarket and most vending-stand soft pretzels.  So I give
'em a big thumbs up -- especially when they sell a 25-pack of them for 10
bucks.  (Bulk pretzels.  :)

I'll try one of those Annie pretzels next time I come across one......mmmmm...
the cinnamon & sugar one sounds goood!

--Todd