 Off-Topic / Fun / 5079
Re: Pretzels (was Re: Floppies are cool! (was: Re: Finding a useful digital camera))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:11:47 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Todd Lehman wrote:
Blyeachh, I hate mustard!  Big fan of melted cheese over pretzels, though.
:)

Cheese is good.

Cheese can be pretty salty.  :)  Not as salty as fruit juice, but pretty
salty.  ;-)

The Boston Beer Works Beer Pretzel comes with cheese, but it's not melted.

It isn't?  It's not like a hard chunk, though, is it?  I remembered getting
it with something that didn't upset me (hard cheese would :-).  Maybe it was
their house mustard.  I hate mustard but theirs wasn't too pukey.

Was it you who mentioned BBW or was it someone else?  Anyway, that
is good.  Yum.

ya, my favorite pretzels ever!

Yeah, I have to admit that I tend to like salt on some things... I mean,
certainly on French Fries and other potato products.  But ever since the
doctor said to lay off the salt, I've been trying really hard to cut it
wherever I can.

When I was a kid we used to grab rock salt out of the water softener.  I
guess it replenished all that we lost when we were riding bikes all day long
in the hot/humid summer.  The thought of a mouthful of water softener rock
salt now makes my skin crawl.  :)

[...]
Well, bagged hard pretzels, maybe.  But I hardly like those, anyway.  I
prefer big soft warm fresh pretzels.... mmmmm....

Ever tried 'em in the toaster?  Cook 'em 1 minute in the nuke, then plop
them in the toaster or toaster oven for another minute or so.  Makes 'em
chewy on the inside, crunchy on the outside, and even browns the outside
a bit more for the traditional bitter flavor.  Ooh.

--Todd