 Off-Topic / Fun / 4757
  Yet more Anime News

Well, I got some more Anime News for ya! First, Fox Kids is getting The Vision of Escaflowne!! It will be added to their Saturday Morning Lineup, most likely this fall. Second, Anchor Bay Entertainment has aquired two high profile anime titles for (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Yet more Anime News

(...) They're getting Escaflowne?!?! *total shocked and boggled look* (...) Um, are you sure about Anchor Bay, I thought Buena Vista had the distribution rights for most if not all of Miyazaki's films. (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Yet more Anime News

(...) Yup... Pretty cool, huh? (...) That's what the news article said. I don't remember Nausicaa being on the list of films Buena Vista got. It was already liscensed here, like Totoro, so maybe they couldn't liscense it. Hmmm... Actually, now that (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Yet more Anime News

(...) Quite. I'm still amazed too. Never thought that would make it on a kids cartoon block. (...) Well, I remember Totoro being on the list of new stuff (in hopes that I might one day see it in the theater and that it's my favourite Miyazaki film). (24 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Yet more Anime News

(...) I'm hoping Laputa makes it to the big screen (there have been some indicatons it might), as that is my favorite Miyazaki film. I hope the liscense is extended to other Ghibli films such as Whisper of the Heart. *That* is an *excellent* film. (...) (24 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Yet more Anime News

(...) Both of those would be very cool. When I found out that Mononoke was playing here I managed to see it twice in one week. I would of seen it more (probably around 10+) but that was the last week they were showing it. *sighs* And that was such (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Yet more Anime News

(...) I saw it three times, at three different theatres. :) The first time was a week before the premier at a special screening at the Freer Gallery here in DC. I was the first person in line. :) Then I saw it next two theatres that got it in the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Yet more Anime News

(...) Lucky. I was waiting to see ads for it on tv (yeah, I know, silly me, an ad for a REAL movie, in america, yeah, right). Anyway, I got bored and checked nausicaa.net just out of curiosity and said "oh no!" and went and saw it asap. Kinda how I (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Yet more Anime News

(...) *sigh...* Someone apparently misinterpreted a Fox representative. He just mentioned Escaflowne, and that got out as an official statement... However, the press confrence this was at was about Fox Family getting Detective Conan. I saw the movie (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Yet more Anime News

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:41:56 GMT, "Jeff Stembel" <aulddragon@wamalug.org> wrote: cartoon block. (...) Aaah, I thought it sounded too good to be true. Esca is a bit violent for "kids" programming anyway. I'd more expect it to be on Cartoon Network if (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Yet more Anime News

(...) Oh, I just remembered something... Otakon and Anime Expo will be premiering the Escaflowne Movie! :) I can't wait! (I'll be at Otakon) Jeff (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Yet more Anime News

(...) And I refuse to go to cons, so nyah. =P Hope you have fun. No spoilers on the movie please. ^_^ (24 years ago, 19-Apr-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)