 Off-Topic / Fun / 4691
4690  |  4692
Subject:
Tap Rewls! (was Re: Moving to .nl)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:45:30 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

-John "Spinal Tarp Rules" Neal

I can't explain why he spelled it with an R, I am not enough of a
Taphead to know. I do know it's probably in John's top five movie list
though.

Top one;-)

I think it may be because "Spinal Tap" was actually "Spinal Täp" (with umlaut). Or
maybe I'm remembering the movie wrong, it's been a long time for me too.

Nearly, but no;-)  First, the umlaut is over the "n" (the good humor is
everywhere;).  Butchering the band name is a motif which runs throughout the movie,
starting when the band arrives in the US (chauffeur Bruno Kirby holds up a sign at
the airport "Spinal Pap").  Near the end of the movie (Rob Reiner's first BTW), when
Jeanine (the "Yoko" of the band and utterer of the infamous "doubly" line) becomes
manager and books an American base for a gig, base commander Fred Willard refers to
the band as "Spinal Tarp".

-John "Tonite I'm going to rock you tonite" Neal

best

Lindsay