 Off-Topic / Fun / 4685
Re: Moving to .nl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 01:32:52 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal writes:
Todd Lehman wrote:
There's nothing wrong with this group, but note:  you could also perfectly
well post it to the .loc.nl newsgroup -- which is for anything having to do
with the Netherlands.  And *especially* since you're moving there, it would
be doubly appropriate.

<snicker>  (He said "doubly";-)

Uh... um... well...

OK, did I miss something? I know I'm air-headed, but this one went right by me.

Have you seen the "mockumentary" _This is Spinal Tap_? If you haven't,
you might want to, it's pretty funny. It's about a band (think Led Zep
or some other 70s rock band) and is supposed to be a slice of their
life... touring, making a new album, relaxing, etc... I haven't seen it
in a while so might be recalling incorrectly.

At one point one of the Tap is talking about setting up a studio to
record stuff and talks about how they are going to record in "Doubly".
Someone asks "don't you mean Dolby" and a big row ensues.
I think this is near the point where one band member proudly points to
his amplifier and says "this one goes to 11" which as you might recall
was the tagline to AucZILLA XI...

-John "Spinal Tarp Rules" Neal

I can't explain why he spelled it with an R, I am not enough of a
Taphead to know. I do know it's probably in John's top five movie list
though.

Gotta 'huh?' this one too...

-Shiri "what am I doing here" Dori
"And the daffodils look lovely today"

Ok, Huh back at you... what is THAT from?

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!