 Off-Topic / Fun / 4487
Re: A great castle story page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 01:14:18 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tony A. Rowe writes:
Uh-oh. Maybe I should go back to Israel and find a couple of Shiri's to band
against you...
(Shiri *is* a common name in Israel btw - I know three, so I can overrule
you! ;)

-Shiri

'Shiri' loosely translates to 'little song,' right?  Isn't Shira a more • Israeli
name?

Tony

Sorry, I meant to type "Isn't Shira (as opposed to Shiri) a more _common_
Isaeli name?"  This wasn't any sort of jab about your name not being Israeli
enough.

LOL!
Shiri doesn't mean little song but 'my song', or alternatively 'sing'
(imperative form).
Shira is more common, and yet Shiri is still common enough. My sister had a
good friend that was named Shiri, and one of my mom's co-worker's daughter is
called Shiri. (10,000 bucks if you got that last sentence :)
Anyhow, if I _would_ be going around rounding up troops to fight Jeffs (which
I'm not :) I would round up Shiri's, cause, after all, that *is* my name...

-Shiri
FUT .fun