 Off-Topic / Fun / 4354
Re: Digimon, Monster Rancher, Pokemon????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 06:17:13 GMT

On Sat, 5 Feb 2000 17:43:56 GMT, "Richard Marchetti"
<blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote:

Hey:

So I was watching fox cartoons today and became interested in something called
Digimon Digital Monsters.  In particular I was interested in the characters
Wizardmon and Gatomon.  A little too cutesy but still fun...

Thing is, what the heck is this show?  How does it relate to the other shows?

Where can I score cool Wizardmon stuff without leaving the house?  I need a
Wizardmon desktop very badly...

=)

-- Richard

Well, the way in which they work is that Digimon is actually supposed
to be a male version of the Tamagotchi (you remember that don't you?)
It was another virtual pet but you'd train them and by connecting two
ujnits together you could fight with them.  Anyway, then along came an
anime of Digimon because of the popularity of Pokemon.  So, no they're
not really related other than they have monsters and mon is a
shortened version of Monster and that they all come from Japan and
also have a badly dubbed cartoon (from Japan) that happens to be on
fox or wb.  (depending on the show.)

Kya