 Off-Topic / Fun / 4241
Re: Hauntd Houses- What are your views?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 07:28:48 GMT

"Scott E. Sanburn" wrote:

Farlie A wrote:

The question I am asking is

What makes a huanted house?

I was thinking in terms of architecutral styles , interior design etc.

Posted to fun as not sure if this a 'debateable' issue.

Hmm... I would say the White House, because Hillary Clinton talked to
Eleanor(sp?) Roosevelt a few times. ;)

This I'd like to hear about, unless you're being tweaky again...I understand
that for some time after her death Eleanor was purported to wander the halls
of the White House.  This is especially weird given that she didn't die
there.  However it may be that any shapeless mass instantly screams "Eleanor
Roosevelt" to the impressionable...

I'll see if I can dig up my tome with the reports of government-building
hauntings.  The worst part is that these things do get recorded--but I've
never seen the actual incident reports, only word-of-mouth.  I mean, what do
you write?

best

Lindsay