 Off-Topic / Fun / 3978
Re: CLSOTW - Thanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 20:37:25 GMT

Jennings' reaction to the guy with the 2MI shirt on NYE?)

I didn't see it- a brief explanation please?

2MI?  2M1?  One or the other - basically maintining that "the big event" isn't
really going to happen until 2001 (MMI in Roman Numbers). ABC's lovely anchor
looked at him like he had two heads and three arms, then pointed at the hoards
filling Times Square and said "convince them and then I'll believe."

Oh yea, there is some level of intelligence in our news media... what that
level is, I'm too nice to say :-)

-Steven
(who's without a spell-checqer todaie, pleese bee neice)