 Off-Topic / Fun / 3977
Re: CLSOTW - Thanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 20:25:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Steven Vore writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Christopher Lannan writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Dave Schuler writes:
I think everyone here knows this, in much the same way that April 30 does
not equal May 1.  However, there's no point in complaining about it, because

counting to ten. The other thing that bothers me about it is when I say that
the new millenium starts in 2001, then all of a sudden I'm the crackpot, and
all the other million folks in error are "right."  Can you say "baaah"?

Amen! (or Right On! or Exactly!, whichever floats your pirate ship.) It
wouldn't be so bad if there weren't *so* many people (well over 90% by my
informal reconing, including almost all of the news media - did you see Peter
Jennings' reaction to the guy with the 2MI shirt on NYE?) who are maintaining
that April 30 *does* equal May 1 and that we're off our collective rockers for
thinking otherwise (and trying to correct the calendarally-impared :-)

-Steven

I didn't see it- a brief explanation please?

Chris