 Off-Topic / Fun / 3357
Re: rolling rectangular pizza dough -- suggestions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 22:51:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Todd Lehman writes:

I'm having a bit of difficulty getting my pizza doughs to roll out properly
to a rectangular shape for a rectangular piece of stoneware.  Anyone having
any magic tips/tricks/suggestions?  It wasn't a problem doing round pies on
rectangular stoneware until recently when I started adding thick portobello
mushrooms and more sauce -- so the dough needs to be thinner and cover more
area for that much topping-matter.  :)

The doughs I buy come round (not square :) in a pastic bag, and even when I
use a special 4"-wide pizza rolling pin and make rolling motions only to the
four corners, the dough still comes out fairly rounded.  It's very odd.

Make your own.  It's stunningly easy to make pizza dough.  If you're
interested, let me know, and I'll e-mail you a recipe.  We often do our own
pizza when we throw our yearly party - the invitations all say "bring your
preferred pizza toppings." :)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/