 Off-Topic / Fun / 3258
Re: One of the Mindfest pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 20:00:24 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Frank Filz writes:
James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Frank Filz writes:
One of the more interesting events in Massachusetts sign history happend
about 15 to 18 years ago when they decided to reverse all the signs in
Rotaries (For those that don't know what a Rotaries is.  Rotaries are the
same Round-Abouts

Up here in Canada, we quite sensibly call them traffic circles. :)

I have also heard them called "Massachusetts Death Circles" (MA is the
only state in the US I am aware of which has a significant number of
traffic circles, though I think DC has a bunch, and down south there is
probably one for every other county or so - with county courthouse in
the center).

Yup, DC does have a bunch.  Most of them are at large intersections, IIRC.  I
don't usually drive in DC (Gotta love the Metro!).  :)

Jeff

P.S.  Actually, my neighborhood has one: the Woodmoor Circle.  It has a really
big pine tree in the center.