 Off-Topic / Fun / 2331
Re: Train set #3225 - new for sale!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:56:29 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:

Sir is common to either sex in the United States Navy, is it not? I got used
to it after the first time someone at a fastfood place called me that. Then I
suddenly realized he was probably three or four years younger than I was. I
rarely even hear "sir" anymore when someone uses it to get my attention and
I'm only 32.

Come down south...you'll get ma'amed and sir'ed everywhere.  For some reason
people tech their chirdren here to refer to anyone older than them as sir and
ma'am.  Very strange to those of us who did not grow up with it.  I'm 25 and I get
ma'am almost every day!

Patricia Schempp