 Off-Topic / Fun / 177
Re: Overclocking Celeron 300a to 450
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 20:04:01 GMT

Mike Stanley writes:
Well, I proved it worked today.  I'm still getting the system up and
running (have to look for another sound card - SB Live! didn't like my
system and I don't have the patience to deal with it) but preliminary
benchmarks show it to be running at least as fast as my P2-400 at
work.
At $171 for the retail boxed processor and $105 for the Abit BH6
motherboard, I'm pretty happy with my $276 combo that might just
perform as well as the $820 combo I would have to buy to get a true
P2-450.  And my cache runs at full speed, not half the CPU speed like
the normal P2.

Now you can have Burnt Celery.
The 300a has the 128k cache doesn't it?

Carbon 60