 Off-Topic / Fun / 159
Re: Overclocking Celeron 300a to 450
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 15:04:34 GMT

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:
motherboard, I'm pretty happy with my $276 combo that might just
perform as well as the $820 combo I would have to buy to get a true
P2-450.  And my cache runs at full speed, not half the CPU speed like
the normal P2.
_Very_ nice.

Oh yeah.  I also got a nice Optiquest V95 19" monitor to go with it.
Run that off my Marvel G200-TV video card.  :)  I would have liked to
go with a 21" monitor but I would have had to spend literally more
than double what I paid for the Optiquest to get a decent one.  I'll
save that money and do without the extra inch/inch and a half of
viewable space.

Probably pretty well. :) It's a shame to put a (largely) 16-bit OS on a nice
processor like that.

Yup.  I May throw the NT5 Beta on there since we're testing them at
work, but I doubt it.  NT is one of those things you really want to
hold off on until you get a service pack or three.

Only thing is, I don't think I can do both of those with Linux.  It
may be possible, I just don't think *I* can do it.  Oh well, enough
rambling.  Gotta go scope out low-end systems.

Of course it's possible.

I haven't done it though, 'cause I try to avoid needing a printer ever.
("Paper? What's that for?")

Well, I find myself printing less and less on my laser printer, except
for priority mailing labels and such, but we print all our own cards
on our inkjet and I still have plans to make my own decals on it.
Other than that, the photo printer really can't be replaced by
anything else because even though I can e-mail pictures to my
relatives, most of them still don't have computers, and even the ones
who do would prefer something they could hold in their hands or put in
a frame. :)

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide