 Off-Topic / Fun / 1228
Re: set instructions wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 13:55:41 GMT

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 21:17:40 GMT, "James Brown"
<galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jasper Janssen writes:

"India Red", Or so I'm told, is being pulled from Crayola boxes
everywhere.

Not precisely.  It is being renamed. (can't recall what, off-hand)

Same thing ;)

And there wouldn't be such a fuss over "India Red" - but the crayons are
called "Indian Red", which makes all the difference over here.  To most

The version I've heard does indeed name the crayons india red, but
apparently, Native Americans can't read. Niggardly bastards.

Europeans, Indians are from India - here in North America, Indians are native
to the environment, and like most racial groups, there is a small and vocal
subset of them that cries out against injustice, actual or otherwise.

So what the hell is wrong with calling a crayon after a race, anyway?
Would anyone object to "White man's white", or "African Black"?

Jasper