 Off-Topic / Fun / 10707 (-20)
  Re: What is it?...

(...) lol I guessed "pot". (...) I mean, how pathetic! Presumably the ban was because the stupid people couldn't refrain from spitting the stuff out onto the sidewalks! I'm all against a "Nanny State", but what if you have a country full of immature (...) (20 years ago, 26-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  What is it?...

... that is allowed only for therapeutical use; ... that is sold in pharmacies; ... that requires registration to use; ... that can land you in jail for dealing? (URL) :-) Pedro (20 years ago, 26-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Shrek 2

(...) John, I think you missed the boat on this one. Although Shrek would have stayed human to make life easier for Fiona, she didn't want him to because she knew that being an ogre is what makes him who he is and who she fell in love with. (...) (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: FLL on Zoom!

(...) ZOOM Zee - Double Oh - Emm, Boston, Mass, Ohhh - Two - One - Three - Four Ah, the memories.... Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Shrek 2

(...) Yeah, it was inappropriate. But, it was unbelievably hilarious too. You're right, John. I have a big problem with teaching kids that young about erotic attire and attitudes. One example I especially loathe -- and you may have seen this in your (...) (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Shrek 2

(...) The Pinocchio scene was just wrong. S P O I L E R ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ IF Schrek really loved Fiona, he would have remained human and not let her remain an Ogre. JOHN (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Shrek 2

Went and saw Shrek 2 Saturday night. Funny beyond words, this is a movie everyone's gotta see. -Tim (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Tim Deering--Onion columnist?

(...) How do you think he collects all those floating heads? Peace and terribleness, Professor Whateverly (URL) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Tim Deering--Onion columnist?

(...) This totally explains the comment he made to me the other day... "Hey Felix, sit in this wheelchair and hold this bazooka." -F (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: 419 scammer in .robotics

(...) OK once I get hold of something, sometimes I worry it to pieces. While reading about a Mecha based combat game (1) (a link found from an orkut profile) I ran across another entry in this fellows blog pointing to a 419 story that's "out of this (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Tim Deering--Onion columnist?

I've not met Tim, but he seems to be a columnist for (URL) The Onion>. And don't tell me it's a coincidence, or that the names are made up, or whatever...especially since it's such a Terrible point of view. My apologies if this has already been (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: 10 year old citation

(...) Wow, your trolling technique gets better every day! - Chris. (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 10 year old citation

(...) I KNEW you'd say that. (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

(...) Erik, this post just about killed me, especially the bolded part. I actually can't tell you how many times in a day that Ken and Barbie both get mangled by dogs (something else that doesn't happen to LEGO), are fully body-painted, end up face- (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

(...) Dude, if you think that, you need a reality check. You need to spend more time playing Barbie with actual 7 year olds. You have no idea what's on their mind. 7 year olds do not think like you suppose. I think it is probably universal that (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

(...) The point is not about changing Barbie. The point is that the Mattel company doesn't have representatives in an online site for the adult Barbie fan community. The point is that only LEGO has Jake, and takes the adult fan seriously. --Bill. (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Living is easy, you know.

Close down your browser now if you've already heard this: I paid my usaual visit to my Psycologist the other day, to talk about my state and personal issues. I felt compelled to tell him about my dreams the night before. "Describe them to me," he (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Living is easy, you know.

(...) Jon, If you knew me you would know that i'm not tense at all. But i'm sorry if my post got you tense instead. Paulo Renato (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

Yeah, Barbie is having a Mattel sponsored affair, jilting Ken out of all those years he's been hoping she'd be his alone. I guess she was not liking him so much any more. That really is a GREAT message to deliver to kids, hmm? That is a big bad (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

(...) Richie Dulin is my new hero. (URL) [ j o n ] (URL) zemi.net> (URL) moonbase> (URL) myspace> (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact