 Off-Topic / Fun / 10476
Re: What's in a name?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:01:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Erick Jensen wrote:

Perhaps my sense of irony has been dulled, but it appears to me that your post is serious! Good heavens!

   First of all, I saw Troll it wasn’t that bad, up there with Goolies and Critters.

That’s hardly a glowing recommendation. That’s like saying “Phantom Menace wasn’t that bad, up there with Armaggeddon and Solar Crisis.” Kitch is kitch, but just plain awful is just plain awful.

   And second, Howard the Duck was and still is coolness. That’s a classic. I still use random quotes in conversation.

You may be the only person on the planet willing to make that admission (publicly, at least). Until very recently, that film was undoubtedly the most embarrassing aspect of Jeffrey Jones’ life...

Dave!