 Off-Topic / Fun / 10464
Re: What's in a name?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:15:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, David Koudys wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler wrote:

snip

There you go with your OT.Snipping again...

   It’s a huge debate for me--AOTC vs TPM--which one’s worse.

The very bad acting in AOTC--“I killed them, I killed them all!!” “Oh there there, you poor thing...”

That’s close to the worst moment, in terms of character, in the entire series so far. Padme only really falls for Anakin when she realizes that he’s a sociopathic mass murderer. I’ve been in bad relationships myself, but they don’t usually start with that realization!

   or the Pod Race in TPM, which, to me, defines the waste of these ‘prequel’ movies--it was half an hour--at least a quarter of the movie, in which there was no advancement in the story.

It was great as a selling point for TPM video games, but you’re right. It also included the worst, most deliberately (and pointlessly) cartoony aliens of the series, the two-headed Greg Proops being only the most obvious of them.

   Howard the Duck’s only redeeming quality is that Leah Thompson was in it.

I don’t blame her for the film’s unbridled awfulness. Now that I think about it, I liked the alien/demon things at the end, too.

Dave!