 Off-Topic / Fun / 10463
Re: What's in a name?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:56:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler wrote:

snip

It preceded the “direct to video” phenomenon, but it was indeed astonishingly bad. After Howard the Duck, this is probably the worst film I ever saw in the theater (well, other than Attack of the Clones.)

Dave!

It’s a huge debate for me--AOTC vs TPM--which one’s worse.

The very bad acting in AOTC--“I killed them, I killed them all!!” “Oh there there, you poor thing...” or the Pod Race in TPM, which, to me, defines the waste of these ‘prequel’ movies--it was half an hour--at least a quarter of the movie, in which there was no advancement in the story. That just really irked me.

Howard the Duck’s only redeeming quality is that Leah Thompson was in it. She’s still ranking up there for me in the ‘very nice’ dept.

Dave K