 Off-Topic / Fun / 10252 (-10)
  Re: Dune (was: Which was better? was: Excellent summation of truths and falsehoods about...)

(...) I'm a big Lynch fan, so it was weird for me to see Jeffrey Beaumont riding a big worm. I like a lot of the movie, but I've never been able to get through the books, I'm afraid. (...) Something about William Hurt fills me with such aching (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Dune (was: Which was better? was: Excellent summation of truths and falsehoods about...)

(...) mini-series? (...) The Lynch movie captured the atmosphere much, much, much better though it certainly has it's own array of faults. I couldn't finish the miniseries, I hated it so much! Really, the book is too complicated to easily convert to (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: new crane

(...) NZ is great. No doubt about it. But QT has become too touristic to my taste. I enjoyed Taupo much more. The view is even better than in QT, Many treks to take and things to do (Sky jumping with the best scenery in the world... highly (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Tim Deering=Timmy (wasRe: Hello)

(...) LOL I always told Tim he looks like Timmy... but in that pic he also looks like a Mr Bean Relative :D Mel (and don't forget, Tim is a fan of Beaker and Dr. Bunsen ;) ) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Trademarks and misspellings... oh my! (WAS:Re: Where did the lego's go?)

(...) Actually, it has been more or less officially done. When Norway became an independent country, they tried to rid the Norwegian language of the influence from the two former mothercountries, Denmark and Sweden. This resulted in the constructed (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Trademarks and misspellings... oh my! (WAS:Re: Where did the lego's go?)

(...) I don't know that I'd call it horrific, but it's certainly in a class of its own. I have found that by trying to understand the etymology (1) of certain words you can actually grow fond of the bizarre ways in which they are spelt... or is it (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Trademarks and misspellings.... oh my! (WAS:Re: Where did the lego's go?)

(...) In Portuguese it's a 1st person Present form of "to leave legacy" (as in a will, "I leave... to..."). Try to find LEGO-related websites in Portuguese to see what I'm talking about - about half the sites refer to legal talk over legacies :-/ (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Trademarks and misspellings.... oh my! (WAS:Re: Where did the lego's go?)

(...) All true. And good to point out. I guess my point was to illustrate that the LEGO company name is one of those words you won't find in a standard English dictionary... for the reason that it's an obscure or otherwise unique word that could be (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: new crane

(...) But there are so many other cool things in Queenstown, I would also make sure to get a ride in one of the stunt planes! Give me a puke-bag, tape it to my face and give me the ride of my life! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Trademarks and misspellings... oh my! (WAS:Re: Where did the lego's go?)

(...) Sounds like Swedish spelling this far :) Fotograf is actually thr Swedish spelling for photografer. Funny story, thanks! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact