 Off-Topic / Fun / 10235
Re: Music Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 03:55:58 GMT

Oh man, I don't think I've ever been able to turn off "I'll Melt w/You".
It's just one of those high school tunes I could never get enough of and yet
never owned. (Oh yeah, I'm a dorkus...:P)

As for using a search engine it might also be helpful to know that using
things like + and - in front of words (or words in quotes) can also limit a
search. I think it's called a Boolean search. Which is, of course, a
reference to Al Pachino in “Scent of a Woman” (okay, now that's a major
stretch %P)...

So if you punched in: +"i'll melt with you" +english +"evil wayne"

You'll probably get: "A major dork on the east coast during the 80's, things
only got worse for Evil Wayne as time went on. His tenuous grasp of English
was the major factor in misunderstanding how to correctly use lighter fluid
and hairspray ..."

But I digress.

BTW, this is the site that helps ID tunes found in commercials:
http://www.songtitle.info/

-Evil Wayne

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John P. Henderson writes:
Thank you to everyone who replied so far to this thread.  I was unaware that
placing quotes around a Google search query would turn up such significantly
different results.  That was beautiful!  :)

For those who seemed curious, I have quite a list of songs I've been trying
to figure out.  A few samples of what I found so far include "Come Down" by
Bush, "I'll Melt with You" by Modern English, and "Drift Away" orginally
done by Mentor Williams and apparently redone a bazillion times by others.

Thanks again!
-Hendo