 Off-Topic / Fun / 10229
10228  |  10230
Subject:
Music Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:26:20 GMT

I know this is completely off-topic for Lugnet, but then again, I am posting
it in an off-topic group, so I'm hoping it's okay.  I am posting here,
because you are a community I trust, and because I am not so great at
searching the internet as some of you, so I thought maybe I could get an
answer here.

I have this habit of buying music on CD.  I know this seems old fashioned to
some of you who might do the MP3-off-the-internet thing.  But I like having
liner notes about the artists, and heck I even have all my old cassettes and
CDs from before there really was an internet, so I'm not about to abandon
them now.  Not to mention I have a slow connection and an aging computer.

Typically, I will hear a new song on the radio or maybe at a club, and then
if I like it enough, I will look into buying the CD.  However, lately, I
have been finding that more and more often, the DJs do not announce the
artist or song titles.  So I have a list of songs in my head, or more
accurately a random mix of odd lyrics, that when I hear them I go, "Oooh,
Oooh, this is that song I like, what is it?" and whoever is near me doesn't
know.

So my question is this:  Does anyone know of any source on the internet
where I might learn the title and artist of a song if all I have are a
couple of brief and possibly inaccurate lyrics to search for?

I have tried Amazon, CDNow, and the popular search engines, but they just
turn up a million possibilities that are usually in the wrong genre.

Any thoughts to help an old man out?

-Hendo