 Off-Topic / Fun / 10232
Re: Music Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 21:05:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John P. Henderson writes:

So my question is this:  Does anyone know of any source on the internet
where I might learn the title and artist of a song if all I have are a
couple of brief and possibly inaccurate lyrics to search for?

I have tried Amazon, CDNow, and the popular search engines, but they just
turn up a million possibilities that are usually in the wrong genre.

Any thoughts to help an old man out?

-Hendo

This old lady suggests doing an old fashioned google search.  Doesn't even
have to be exact although Evil Wayne is right that it helps.  Then you're
likely to come up with lyrics a fan may have posted even if they're not
widely available elsewhere.

And I just tested it...

"...I grabbed my hat and I got my coat and I ran into the street..."

Yup, works!  (I was going to do "grabbed my coat and got my hat. Made the
bus in seconds flat", but I thought I'd really test it!)

HTH,

Maggie C.