 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 961 – 980 of 1868.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) Drat! I sold all my technic half-pins. Those would have gotten me in for sure. Steve (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

half
(score: 1.196)

  Re: O, Tradition!

(...) By all accounts, Atlanta doesn't really suffer from that kind of thinking, but I suppose it answers the question when people ask why there are still "black colleges" (Morehouse is in Atlanta). -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.196)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) I'll try to find it, but if you can give me an LDraw part # for this I'll hold any I come across in breaking up sets for you. (...) Hrmmm... any color, but only the top half. Ok. (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

half
(score: 1.195)

  Re: One more reason why I'm refusing to shop in Wal*Mart

(...) You're misusing the term "straw man" as, ironically, a straw man argument. Non-applicable, a non-sequitor, too obscure, suspect TV "philosophy", perhaps. A straw man argument: The author attacks an argument which is different from, and usually (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.195)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) or: (c) Don't always have enough time to spend on a well-reasoned reply that will ultimately fall on the deaf ears of someone whose opinions are simply wrong-headed. (...) Most people who actually engage in debates have no intention of being (...) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.195)

  Re: One more reason why I'm refusing to shop in Wal*Mart

(...) What do those scenarios have to do with what actually happen? If you are implying that the gang will forcibly drive customers away, then that is a straw man argument (thar ya go, John) since the Christian Right is saying that they are only (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.195)

  Re: Also seen on CNN

(...) Bruce, thanks for saddling us with that foal image-- I don't like it one bit. Topping such behavior is my mane concern, not to stirrup more trouble-- I wouldn't want you to barn in hell. -John (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

bruce
(score: 1.194)

  Dealing with the problem

(...) Good analysis, Bruce, but it's not enough that just you ignore him, or that just I ignore him. For off-topic.debate to truly be enjoyable, it's necessary that EVERYONE ignore him, and manage to do so consistently. This is necessary because if (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.194)

  Re: The Brick Testament parts the Red Sea

(...) And I completely concur with Bruce. I know that RBPS is not a church going/God believing person, but that does not negate my appreciation of his retelling of the Bible in LEGO one little bit! I look forward to the latest additions to his (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.194)

  Re: British-Christians fuel the IRA?

(...) I'm going to jump on your parenthetical comment, Bruce, to make a point. The Palestinians have an agenda-- self-determination, Statehood, and peace. The Israelis have an agenda-- the recognition of their right to exist, and peace. Muslim (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.194)

  Re: Sex Scandal: U.S. President had sex with Intern!

(...) Column. The last row tends to consist of really, really, unstable elements. Sorry for being anal about row-column, just trying to hijack this away from religion (Zzzz...zzzsnore). -->Bruzzz...zzz... (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.194)

  Re: Kissing heinie at its finest

(...) We all seem to have our own form of arrogance. The American forte is arrogance through naivety. The English arrogance is more through belief that they are naturally superior, and the French is not so much that they are superior so much that (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.194)

  Re: IGNORANT views fuel oppression?

(...) Okay, it now seems official, to me at least, that Bruce has now found himself a cool new sig. So, along with "Dave!" and "++Lar", we now have "-->Bruce<--". Well, *I* want in on the action! So from now on, I am promoting the last three letters (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.193)

  Re: US finds evidence of WMD at last !

(...) (pondering actions of Bush) Both? -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.192)

  Re: US finds evidence of WMD at last !

(...) I hadn't meant it in that way, but now that you mention it.... -->Bruce<-- (ahhhhh! I replied to Scott! The world is coming to an end) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.192)

  Re: US finds evidence of WMD at last !

(...) But...but...it was a great victory! We kicked a dictator's hairy butt! Never mind it cost us a bazillion dollars! Never mind that all the religious zealots are coming out of the woodwork and want to run Iraq. Ooooooo, when did all this cute (...) (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

bruce
(score: 1.192)

  Re: US finds evidence of WMD at last !

(...) Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity. Now, his administration as a whole I think is a blatant, barefaced (or [bold], if you prefer), bunch of power-hungry liars. (...) I rather imagine Robert Scheer and Michael Moore (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.191)

  Re: stopping topics vs. dealing with troublemakers and nonconstructive participants

(...) Hi Bruce, It's those darn Christian ethics of mine--I always have this prevailing hope that people can be redeemed. I'm not the one who do the redeeming, but they can, for themselves, show some sort of movement to bettering their situation and (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.191)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) This reminds me of when KBKids.com had the X-wings for half price because of some pricing error. I ordered one, and nearly had a friend order another one because it was such a "good deal". But when it arrived, (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.191)

  Re: Should we be concerned?

(...) No, no. I think John is on the right (alimentary) track here. Lawyers and enemas both try and get in the same place. :-) -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

bruce
(score: 1.191)

More:  Next Page >>