 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 241 – 260 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: The *real* Phantom Menace and the fall of the republic

I'm replying to bits of John's post as well as Chris'. (...) I think I understand your intended point here, but the notion that The American Way should be what it was 200 years ago is baseless and anachronistic. The American Way of 200 years ago was (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  ??? (was Re: An armed society...(what if?))

(...) LFB, Kirby is a little too conspiracy prone for my taste also (really, it's his one obvious debate flaw), but that doesn't mean that he is wrong -- the fact is, Kirby is right in most of the broader strokes of his statements, even if he screws (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Let's establish henceforth that any time a debater uses "activist judges" as a means to trump an argument, then the debater has forfeited the argument. The Left has *not* forced the issue. One state's judiciary has rightly identified the laws (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: kids schooling (was :Re: Standardized tests (was: Yummy!))

(...) Parse error alert: "they" has an ambiguous antecedent. Parents or Montessori? (arguably must be Montessori, since the method can't speak to parent level of abuse, so you can't say it's not part of the method) (...) If I could afford it, I (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Separation of Church and State

(...) From the article, I'm not 100% sure, but I interpret the issue to have occurred on the grounds of two public schools. Am I correct? If so, then here's my answer: It's not liberalism at all; it is an objective and correct reading of the First (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]

<3790D4A4.AC909B52@voyager.net> <379164EC.11208B2B@uswest.net> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit John, you're being inconsistent. Let me summarize the points I'm making again rather than interspersing (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: I'm lucky to be alive

(...) This topic isn't exactly an obsession of mine but I thought I'd point out that much more than certain "costs" are at stake here. And I for one am not prepared to accept that money will cover for the damages (i.e. the ability to cover for the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) I agree with you. I don't think that's the argument, though. I would expect that a defense of "we truly believed this was a good insulator, our research aligned with everyone elses" ought to carry some weight. Not get the company off scot (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Million Mom March

Christopher Weeks wrote in message ... (...) least (...) I would be in favor of a gun "license", however, I would like to see any group who can show that their are serious about how they give out the license being able to give them out (a huge (...) (24 years ago, 13-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Latter Day Saints (was:Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color))

(...) But Larry appears to be making what to me look like some rather strange connections. Leaving aside the question of the morals of taxation - which I'll comment on below, we have: 1. I have consistently argued that it is right for Governments to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) Because after the British "left" India, there were still a lot of Britons who elected to stay, and India still existed. Who would leave if "the greedy Zionists" packed up and "went home" to the places where they--pardon me, their grandparents (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) " 'Dubya " is a nickname I've heard used for George W. Bush. Say his middle initial slowly, and put a little Texas drawl into it and "double U" mutates into "dubya". I think it may actually have been Gary Trudeau (Doonsbury author) that coined (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...

(...) Who is comprised of people just like you and me. There is nothing magical about the Federal Government compared to any other group of concerned people. I would also point out that the government didn't do very much to stop the abuse until (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Wrong, yourself. The Federal government has no right to make a law declaring same-sex marriage illegal. They can always make a constitutional amendment. Also, state governments don't need to be given specific permission to do something as long (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Ticket prices going up

(...) I'm not scared, I'm not apprehensive, I'm just busy. Not SO busy that I wasn't willing to toss one post in, but busy enough that I wanted to keep it short. It's a large topic, it's been visited before, etc. As for doing away with ot-d, I (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Don Quixote puts away his lance (was Re: McDonalds set

(...) Well, I think my view on it is that it's required in order to be moral... We don't 'require' people to be moral, but if they're not, then people like me call them jerks. They're not unjust, per se; they are certainly within their rights, but (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...

(...) OK, it's as voluntary as anything ever is. I don't feel responsible to make things better than they can be. (...) Well, I don't think anyone is harmed - unless I spend so much that I can't buy groceries. So the net benefit of the transactions (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  My God...my truth...my pain...

This is going to be quite personal I think, and purhaps quite long. It will very likely not be worded well. What I have to say may enrage a few of you, but I am offering my thoughts to the public debate because I am young and still have room for (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Peace in the Mid-East?

(...) never (...) true. (...) West (...) years (...) Bank. (...) disagree (...) years, (...) refugees (...) be (...) media (...) Israel. (...) This excerpt from one of Mona Charen's articles conters your argument far better than I can and includes (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

  Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]

(...) In what way do you disagree with my take on democracy? It's the rule of the people - by vote - so as long as 51% of the people who vote think it's OK to kill me, then politically (if not morally) it is. Right? Wrong? Libertopia would be an (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.000)

More:  Next Page >>