 Off-Topic / Debate / 9143
    Amway/Quixtar/MLMs —Eric Joslin
   As loathe as I am to generate any more posting traffic in off-topic.debate, I have something to ask of Lugnetters that I know doesn't belong anyplace else. I have a friend who has become involved in a MLM- Quixtar, to be exact. I want to dissuade (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Amway/Quixtar/MLMs —Tom Stangl
     I don't have the direct personal experience, but one of my wife's neighbors was in Amway, and ended up having to declare bankruptcy - the minimum order sizes necessary to get anything meant they ended up with a huge stock of stuff they couldn't sell (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Amway/Quixtar/MLMs —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I'm biased. I live in Ada, Amway pays a lot of my school taxes, and I have a lot of friends and relatives that work for Amway (the corporate entity) in various capacities, including my sister-in-law, several nonLEGO good friends and my LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Amway/Quixtar/MLMs —Frank Filz
   (...) One thing which to my mind makes property tax supported schools at least somewhat palatable is that in most parts of the country you do have at least some choice as to how much property tax you will pay, and what kind of school system (of (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Amway/Quixtar/MLMs —Scott Arthur
   (...) I think, from a UK perspective, it is a good idea to aim to give kids an equal level of education. However, supplying equal $/head is a very simplistic way of doing this - unless we assume kids are a mass produced homogenous product. The cost (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Education (was: Amway/Quixtar/MLMs) —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) Ack! In the past you have repeatedly advocated that education should be doled out in quantities proportional to the ability to learn. Now you are saying that it should be equal. Just for clarity, which of these stances do you actually agree (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Education (was: Amway/Quixtar/MLMs) —Scott Arthur
   (...) I see no contradiction in what I am saying. I/you/we are mixing school/higher education. The UK system provides education up to the 16. It is required that parents provide their children with education - the default is the state system. Within (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)