 Off-Topic / Debate / 8697
  Re: Description vs. argument

(...) It is a simple observation. (...) You are a little wrong here about the UK. But I think, overall, we have mixed well - given that most immigrants arrived here post WW2. As far as I know we have never had legal segregation in the UK. (...) I (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Description vs. argument

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur writes: May I? (...) Yes. And to compare, how is the history of British society and homosexuals? It's not exactly a political freedom, but it's similar, and your record sucks. (...) We did. (...) Evolution is (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Description vs. argument

(...) As does most of the world, up until a few years ago many still viewed this homosexuality as a medical condition. Thankfully, those days have mostly passed - so much so that homosexuality is not an issue. Indeed, there are a few at the highest (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Description vs. argument

(...) Oh...well if that's all it takes, then I can dispel your assertions by mentioning that there are a few blacks at the highest levels of US government too. Great. (...) them? Their rights did protect them. But bad men in the government -- the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Description vs. argument

(...) Indeed. So what is the point of your system, if your "god given" rights can be removed the government? Are they only fair weather rights? (...) I know of no UK school which has a "whites only" policy in the last century. I know of no UK (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Description vs. argument

(...) Things are worse than I thought in the US. "blacks" have been out of the closet here for a long time. Scott A (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)