 Off-Topic / Debate / 8541
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 00:07:57 GMT

First, I really (really!) meant consumer firearms.  Military contract is a bit
different.

Now, the purpose (if you mean _my_ purpose) when I travel with a concealed
firearm is not to kill people.  It is to defend myself.  I have defended • myself
(my property actually) with a firearm, but I have never shot anyone.

Chris

If you aim a gun at me, (as my basic training would say), you'd better have a
dammed good reason for wanting to kill me-or have you never had formal firearms
training?

If you aim at someone, then the ONLY possible reason is that you intend to try
and kill them.

Nothing else, but to try and kill them.

What else is the gun for? as a cuddly blanket, for your emotional security?
(and no, I am not making fun of you, just stating that if you don't intend to
kill with that weapon, you might as well NOT have it, and make the world safer,
because then you are a lot less likely to shoot yourself, or have a kid get at
it...)

Larry has already adressed this (and it is a personal matter...express your
opinion if you want to)

LS James Powell