 Off-Topic / Debate / 8531
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 22:17:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Powell writes:
someone wrote:
True, but it doesn't matter.  Guns are not designed to kill people.  That's
just reactionary liberal disarmament garbage.  Guns are
designed to sell.

Ah, ok.  The AK and the AR-15's, are not designed to kill, that's right.  NO,
they are designed to maim- how could I forget reading the info that 5.56 is
based on?

What exactly is the purpose of a pistol kept under your clothing in a state
with a "right to carry" law?  Is it there because the owner thinks he should • be
able to make a loud noise in public then?

First, I really (really!) meant consumer firearms.  Military contract is a bit
different.

Now, the purpose (if you mean _my_ purpose) when I travel with a concealed
firearm is not to kill people.  It is to defend myself.  I have defended myself
(my property actually) with a firearm, but I have never shot anyone.

Chris