 Off-Topic / Debate / 8337
Re: Arguing about nature, Nature, and ethics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 21:17:21 GMT

A few things come to mind here, but let me just mention just one: I
responded to another post by noting that in my view the soul informs and
sets parameters to the biology of the individual far more than changes • in
one's DNA (neo-Darwinism's medium for change).  (DNA, in my view, may be
more like bricks and mortar - or a recipe for such - than an architects
drawing.)  This would guarantee the preservation of that archetypical • human
nature, which wouldn't be subject to mutation and natural selection. • What
do you do with the soul?  What role does it play in your view?

This is all assuming you BELIEVE in "the soul".

Apparently you don't, Tom?  Am I understanding you correctly, or are you
just making an observation?

Steve